General Category > General Discussion

FT82x

<< < (3/8) > >>

Rudolph:
Cypress has 1GBit NOR QSPI devices and Micron has 2GBit devices, Gigadevices has 512MBit.

SPI NAND however would be upto 8GBit.

If availability is the limiting factor: :-)

armadafg:
Hello,
Do you think that there is a method of exceeding the 2000 instruction by image with the FT81x and the BT81x?

FTDI Community:
Hello,

As previously mentioned the BT815/6 (like the previous FT80x) includes 1MByte of internal graphics RAM, which will limit you to ~2000 instructions. However these new ICs include support for external flash memory which can be used to store/offload graphics elements such as images. Alternately you could store images on an SD card if your MCU has support for this.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

armadafg:
I'm sorry but I understand that the BT81x has 1M Vram in addition to the external ram but the number of instruction and the amount of RAM do not have anything to do.
The FT800 has only 256k and the FT810 has 1024k that said there is the same limit of instructions.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Sorry I ment to say "As previously mentioned the BT815/6 (like the previous FT80x) includes 1MByte of internal graphics RAM, and the same sized RAM_DL which will limit you to ~2000 instructions". I.e. that RAM_DL has not increased so the limit on instructions is the same.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version