General Category > General Discussion

FT82x

<< < (7/8) > >>

armadafg:
Anyway, even if there were only 256m it would still 256 times more than the ft81x

armadafg:
I would like to know if it is possible to exceed 60 i / ps with the FT81x or bt81x?

FTDI Community:
Hello

Basically the refresh rate depends on which Display you are using, the PCLK that this display can support, and its size. Multiplying the HCYCLE and VCYCLE values will give you the total number of Pixels to be rendered, dividing this number by PCLK will give you the theoretical refresh rate for the display.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

armadafg:
thank you for your reply.

So if I understood well with this screen : http://www.haoyuelectronics.com/Attachment/HY5-LCD-HD/KD50G21-40NT-A1.pdf
I do 1 / ((800 * 480) / 50000000).
which makes 130 i / ps ?

FTDI Community:
Hello,

If we take the example from the following WQVGA settings:

--- Code: ---
    // WQVGA display parameters
    lcdWidth   = 800;                                                           // Active width of LCD display
    lcdHeight  = 480;                                                           // Active height of LCD display
    lcdHcycle  = 928;                                                           // Total number of clocks per line
    lcdHoffset = 88;                                                            // Start of active line
    lcdHsync0  = 0;                                                             // Start of horizontal sync pulse
    lcdHsync1  = 48;                                                            // End of horizontal sync pulse
    lcdVcycle  = 525;                                                           // Total number of lines per screen
    lcdVoffset = 32;                                                            // Start of active screen
    lcdVsync0  = 0;                                                             // Start of vertical sync pulse
    lcdVsync1  = 3;                                                             // End of vertical sync pulse
    lcdPclk    = 2;                                                             // Pixel Clock
    lcdSwizzle = 0;                                                             // Define RGB output pins
    lcdPclkpol = 1;                                                             // Define active edge of PCLK

--- End code ---

HCYCLE = 928
VCYCLE = 525
VCYCLE * HCYCLE  = 487,200

Note: REG_PCLK is using the value 2 which will divide the clock down to 30Mhz.

Result = 30,000,000/487,200 = ~ 61

The intention in this example is to get the refresh rate at or near 60 fps, but if your display can support higher PCLKs then a higher refresh rate should be possible.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version