General Category > Discussion - Drivers

issue related to UM232H eval. board

(1/3) > >>

Rajesh@sys:
hai,
 i am trying to use um232h eval board in sync fif0 mode.
 iam using windows7 64 bit.

In the document, 2.3 Synchronous FIFO I/O/page no: 8  Given that "Synchronous FIFO mode can only be accessed by the D2XX driver, with Bit Mode set to 0x40."

i have downloaded the cdm package.
and extracted from it. i am not getting any application software(.exe) to install he drivers.
i am getting .lib,.dll etc files

am i installed d2xx driver or not ?

but i am not getting how to change d2xx driver settings .

when i open D2XX.DLL file. i am not able to understand the code.

how and where the code need to change. ??

help me get a solution. ??

FTDI Community:
Hello,

The package which you mentioned will install the D2xx driver which will provide an API for your own program to call, and will not need any modification itself. You would then write a separate application in a development environment such as Visual Studio to use the device via the driver. This would use the driver API calls such as FT_Open, FT_SetBitMode etc. from the programmers guide.

You can install the driver by downloading, extracting and running this executable installer and then connecting the device to the USB port. It should show under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section of device manager.
https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip

Then, you can use the examples in this technical note as a starting point for your own application.
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/TechnicalNotes/TN_167_FIFO_Basics.pdf

Best Regards, FTDI Community

Rajesh@sys:
thank you for the reply  :)

i have installed visual studio in my PC.

from the TN_167 FIFO BASICS document  i have chosen "Synchronous FIFO Read d2xx"  Example CODE and i have made the application on visual studio.
and started debug. in command window i have seen output as"0x0"
that i got to known device is in reset . so
 i powered on the device my device

then i again used debug option.
in command prompt window i got the values which are given in code.

with this i got to known that my device UM232H is detected and it is communicating with visual studio.

BUT, i have to use UM232H with FPGA. in my project .
i am transfering data from FPGA to UM232H. for FPGA i am using ISE.

my question is
1) how can i fix D2XX driver to work completely in synchronous fifo mode.
                                                           to use only ISE to for the transmission of data ?

FTDI Community:
Hi Rajesh,

I'm afraid the driver can't be changed to make it start in this mode. You would need to make calls to our driver to set the mode. Likewise, other applications might not have D2xx API calls for reading and writing and so even if in sync FIFO mode, another application not using the D2xx driver calls would not be able to read and write data.

To use the device in this mode with other types of IDE, you would either need to use D2xx within that environment and make driver calls (e.g. if a D2xx wrapper exists for ISE) or to make a small Visual Studio application which talks to the D2xx driver and sits between it and ISE.

What kind of API does ISE provide for device such as FT232H?  If it only provides a COM port, then the other modes such as UART or async FIFO could be used (selected by EEPROM and not by SetBitMode) but the virtual COM can't work with sync FIFO.  Other modes which are selected by SetBitMode would need D2xx in ISE or you to write an intermediate filter layer.

Best Regards, FTDI Community

Rajesh@sys:
hi,

from the TN_167 FIFO BASICS document  i have chosen "Synchronous FIFO Read d2xx"  Example CODE and i have made the application on visual studio.

DONE.
device showing some values which are written in code.
but

how can i get know the device is configured in 245 synchronous mode ?

and when and how 60Mhz clock will generates ??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version