General Category > Discussion - Software

VNC2: Handling USB Device connect/disconnect as a host

<< < (2/2)

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Ok that's fine then.

using the BOMS and FAT files to detect connection/removal won't work. As you say the UART2DSC doesn't do anything to detect removal or connection of USB devices. This is because it is a minimum project that is used to demonstrate how to write to a file on a flash disk. the procedure is as follows:

the USB host call to VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE to see if there is a device connected and enumerated.
Search through the devices for the correct device.
Then open and attach the BOMS driver to the handle to the correct device.
After that attach the FAT driver to the BOMS driver.

Periodically poll the VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE for disconnection, this checks that a device is connected to the root hub.
Also check the return value of any FAT or BOMS driver calls for FAT_NOT_FOUND or FAT_ERROR/FAT_FATAL_ERROR, MSI_NOT_FOUND or other errors. If there is an error again check VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE to confirm or if there is a bub involved

On disconnection, detach FAT then BOMS drivers from the device.

I would recommend you use one of our other projects such as V2DAP, which has increased functionality and can be downloaded here: https://ftdichip.com/firmware/precompiled/.

Best Regards

FTDI Community

KTrenholm:

--- Quote from: FTDI Community on November 04, 2021, 10:08:31 AM ---Hello,

Ok that's fine then.

using the BOMS and FAT files to detect connection/removal won't work. As you say the UART2DSC doesn't do anything to detect removal or connection of USB devices. This is because it is a minimum project that is used to demonstrate how to write to a file on a flash disk. the procedure is as follows:

the USB host call to VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE to see if there is a device connected and enumerated.
Search through the devices for the correct device.
Then open and attach the BOMS driver to the handle to the correct device.
After that attach the FAT driver to the BOMS driver.

Periodically poll the VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE for disconnection, this checks that a device is connected to the root hub.
Also check the return value of any FAT or BOMS driver calls for FAT_NOT_FOUND or FAT_ERROR/FAT_FATAL_ERROR, MSI_NOT_FOUND or other errors. If there is an error again check VOS_IOCTL_USBHOST_GET_CONNECT_STATE to confirm or if there is a bub involved

On disconnection, detach FAT then BOMS drivers from the device.

I would recommend you use one of our other projects such as V2DAP, which has increased functionality and can be downloaded here: https://ftdichip.com/firmware/precompiled/.

Best Regards

FTDI Community

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this!  I've been sidetracked to another project for the moment but will be sure to give this a try when I get the chance ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version