General Category > Discussion - Software

Screen Editor - how to create Font Metric Block

<< < (3/3)

TonyZ:
Hello,

Thank you for your continuous help and support.

So are you saying that using the "compressed" option in ESE generates ONLY the font data without the font metric block, or
are you saying that it generates both the font metric block and font data, but the font metric block portion is corrupt and unusable?

Thank you,
Tony
PS. All my posts still have to be approved by the moderator. Can this restriction be removed? I am a legitimate FTDI customer.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

ESE generates the metric block and font data, when the compressed option is selected both the metric block and font data are compressed. Again, the values from the metric block are obscured due to them being compressed. To read these you would need to un-compress the output.

Best Regards,
FTDI Support

TonyZ:
Hello,

OK, we seem to be going around in circles here. So I'll state my issue a different way:

I wish to add a custom font, and it must be generated in compressed form because I have limited flash memory on my microcontroller to store it.
If I use ESE with the compressed option, then use INFLATE when loading RAMG, it does not work. The characters on the screen look like random bitmaps.
On the other hand, if I use FNT_CVT, this does indeed work, but FNT_CVT does not have a "compressed" option.

Therefore, I either need to figure out why ESE is not producing valid compressed data, or I need to find
a way to compress the output of FNT_CVT.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Tony

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Could you give me an example of the output you are getting? the code you are using and the compressed font data?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Kaetemi:
The practical use of the glyph address in the font metric block is to allow the font bitmap to be loaded at any RAM address easily. Under ESE it is assumed that you'll manually write the address where the font bitmap is loaded into the address value, after having loaded the data into RAM_G.

Sample code exported from ESE should demonstrate this behaviour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version