General Category > Discussion - Drivers

VCP driver on macOS 11

<< < (3/13) > >>

jcsmedley:
Any updates?

Thanks,
Jeff

Superboy:
It is now 5 months since the first developer beta of Big Sur, why is there still no updated driver? Can there be at least an update on how far along it is, 10%? 90%?

FTDI Community:
Hello

--- Quote from: Superboy on November 23, 2020, 02:51:52 AM ---It is now 5 months since the first developer beta of Big Sur, why is there still no updated driver? Can there be at least an update on how far along it is, 10%? 90%?

--- End quote ---

Are you using a device with a non default VID/PID combination?

As far as I am aware our developers are still waiting on Apple clarifying some questions on .dext development. Unfortunately I do not have an updated schedule for release at this point. But this is a top priority for us and I will update when I have any new information.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Superboy:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a FT2232HL, and the Apple driver returns "SetTTY (fd 5): ioctl failed: Invalid argument" when trying to use channel 0 with screen, and a similar error through Python:

--- Code: ---File "/Users/user/.espressif/python_env/idf4.2_py3.9_env/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 272, in open
    self._reconfigure_port(force_update=True)
File "/Users/user/.espressif/python_env/idf4.2_py3.9_env/lib/python3.9/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 435, in _reconfigure_port
    termios.tcsetattr(
termios.error: (22, 'Invalid argument')
--- End code ---

Strangely, trying to use channel 1 sometimes doesn't report an error though I can't test whether serial actually works as its pins aren't exposed appropriately on this board - they're usually for JTAG.

Another reason I need the FTDI drivers too is so that I can edit the Info.plist and prevent the serial driver from being loaded on the JTAG channel. A workaround before was to unload the Apple (and FTDI) driver, start the debugger and load the driver - which prevents the driver enumerating the JTAG channel. Loading and unloading the Apple dext seems to be unreliable at best right now, and even then it doesn't help with the ioctl error.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Thanks for the details.
Just to confirm you are seeing this error only on big sur with the inbuilt apple driver?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version