FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: ME813A-WH50C Display - Orientation portrait - height limited to 511 pixels  (Read 12811 times)

jberkhout

• View Profile

Hi,

I just discovered a problem using the 800x480 display in portait mode:

BITMAP_LAYOUT and BITMAP_SIZE have only 8 bits for specifying the height, which gives a maximum of 511 pixels in height.
BITMAP_SIZE also has a limited width of 511 resolution.
So bitmaps that are bigger has greater resolution will not be handled correctly.

This is a limitation that should be addressed in the future of EVE, would it be able to support bigger displays (and portrait mode).

To work around this, I will try to cut my images so they don't exceed 511 pixels.

Hope this helps others.

Kind regards,
Jack.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:56:40 AM by jberkhout »

Rudolph

• View Profile

BITMAP_SIZE_H and BITMAP_LAYOUT_H is what you are looking for.
But you really want to check out CMD_SETBITMAP.

jberkhout

• View Profile

Thank you very much!

Way to go, it works great! I see what has been done to make FT81x support greater resolutions now!

Super!

Code: [Select]
// Set up display list for bitmap - Cmd_SetBitmap - generate DL commands for bitmap parms
// FT81x Series Programmers Guide Section 5.65
ft_void_t FT813::SetBitmap(ft_int32_t addr, ft_int16_t fmt, ft_uint16_t width, ft_uint16_t height)
{
    StartFunc(FT_CMD_SIZE*4);
    SendCmd(CMD_SETBITMAP);
    SendCmd(addr);
    SendCmd((((ft_uint32_t)width<<16)|(fmt & 0xffff)));
    SendCmd((((ft_uint32_t)0<<16)|(height & 0xffff)));
    EndFunc();
}

void FT813::ShowBitmapAtAddress(ft_uint32_t addr, ft_int16_t fmt, ft_uint16_t x, ft_uint16_t y, ft_uint16_t width, ft_uint16_t height)
{
    DL(BITMAP_SOURCE(addr));
    SetBitmap(addr, fmt, width, height);  // Stil 511 pixel limit, somehow, need to check my code
    DL(VERTEX2F(x * 16, y * 16));    // Works fine
}

// Load the image into GRAM (works fine)
    TFT.LoadInflateFile(0, "/fs/BACKGROUND_01.bin");
    TFT.Swap();                                 // Swap the current display list
    TFT.Flush_Co_Buffer();                      // Download the command list into fifo
    TFT.WaitCmdfifo_empty();                    // Wait till coprocessor completes the operation

// Display the image above, it does display, but only a part of it
    TFT.DLstart();                              // start a new display command list
    TFT.DL(CLEAR_COLOR_RGB(0x10, 0x10, 0x10));  // set the clear color to white
    TFT.DL(CLEAR(1, 1, 1));                     // clear buffers -> color buffer,stencil buffer, tag buffer
    TFT.DL(COLOR_RGB(0xff, 0xff, 0xff));  // set the clear color to white
    TFT.DL(BEGIN(BITMAPS));

TFT.ShowBitmapAtAddress(0, L8, 0, 0, 480, 800); // bitmap, fmt, x, y, w, h

TFT.DL(DISPLAY());                          // Display the image
    TFT.Swap();                                 // Swap the current display list
    TFT.Flush_Co_Buffer();                      // Download the command list into fifo
    TFT.WaitCmdfifo_empty();                    // Wait till coprocessor completes the operation

VERTEX2II is also limited to 511 pixels for position, but I now use VERTEX2F for that one.

Hope this helps others!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:28:06 PM by jberkhout »

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Hi Jack,

Yes, Vertex2F can handle the full range of coordinates so that you can use the full width of the 800x480 screen.

You can use VERTEX_TRANSLATE_X and _Y to add an offset to Vertex2II too which normally goes up to 511. If you call the VERTEX_TRANSLATE_X command as shown below, it will add an offset of 250 to any following VERTEX2II commands. You can call VERTEX_TRANSLATE_X again after this to set a different offset or to set the offset back to 0 as shown below.

VERTEX_TRANSLATE_X(250*16);
VERTEX2II(500,100,30,0x43); // Letter C from font 30 at ((500+250),100)
VERTEX_TRANSLATE_X(0*16);
VERTEX2II(500,200,30,0x45); // Letter E at (500,200)

Vertex2F can be used in most cases but if you wanted to use bitmap cells then you would use VERTEX2II and the VERTEX_TRANSLATE might come in handy.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

jberkhout

• View Profile

This is very useful information! Thank you very much!