FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Mini Module FT2232H has incorrect PID code  (Read 11406 times)

bbaxter256

• View Profile
Mini Module FT2232H has incorrect PID code
« on: July 20, 2018, 05:35:29 PM »

Hi.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and whether or not this is a real issue.  I'm using an FT2232H mini module board on a Windows 10 laptop system with FTDI driver version 2.12.28.0.  The issue is that the FT2232H is being read by the computer as a FT4232H.  That is to say that if I look under the device manager I can see that 4 serial converters and 4 com ports are being opened for the FT2232H device (which is a 2 channel device).  It is also possible to read under the "Events" tab of the "USB Serial Converter Properties" window that the computer is reading the PID of the device as "6011".  My understanding is that the FT2232H should have PID=6010 and the FT4232H has PID=6011.  So that is my confusion.  Is there an issue with the computer/driver reading back from the part? Is the part EPROM on the chip programed incorrectly?  I have two mini module boards and they both behave similarly.

To be 100% clear, the board and driver combination DOES seem to be working with the application I'm using.  It just doesn't seem right to me that the chip is not being recognized properly and that could create problems down the road or with my customers.

Thanks!

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Module FT2232H has incorrect PID code
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

Hi,

The FT2232H Mini Module allows configuration with both USB Bus-powered and USB Self-powered designs. Can I ask you to double check that you having properly configured the module for your design. Have a look at page 7 of the Datasheet for assistance:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_FT2232H_Mini_Module.pdf

Regards,
FTDI Community