FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: VNC2 Debugger Issue  (Read 12676 times)

TylerTiede

• View Profile
VNC2 Debugger Issue
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »

Hello,

I cannot connect to my VNC2 device after a firmware update using the V2Debug and the Vinculum 2 IDE. I am using the write flash commands in my code. After stopping the debugger and trying to reconnect to the device (hitting the play icon) it tells me the firmware has changed and needs to be reflashed. I hit yes, and then I receive the following lines in the message window

Flashing 248236 bytes

Invalid program loader.

Failed to program device.

Failed to flash device.

When I go to see connectable devices, it disappears and I cannot discover it ever again. Is my device bricked? Is there a way to get my V2Debug to see my chip again? I tried flashing the same firmware on another device, and i experienced the same issues after.

Tyler

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VNC2 Debugger Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »

Hi,

I have some details of upgrading the progloader that I would like to provide to you. Please contact our email support channel on support1@ftdichip.com for further steps.

Regards,
FTDI Commuity

VaclavPospisil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 11:32:04 AM »

Hello,

I have similarly problem with my implementation with VNC2. VNC2 is on PCB boart with MCU application. The MCU don't touch the VNC2 and I cann't upload firmware by V2Debug module. The V2Prog v1.2.2.0 return me the same error message as TylerTiede. Reupload the firmware on targed PCB is impossible. The connection to VNC2 by Vinculum 2 IDE is impossible too. The connectable devices is not finded.

Vaclav

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »

Hello, Please contact our email support channel on support1@ftdichip.com for details of upgrading the prog loader.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community