General Category > Discussion - Drivers

issue related to UM232H eval. board

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rajesh@sys:
sorry

from the TN_167 FIFO BASICS document I have chosen "Synchronous FIFO WRITE d2xx"   CODE.

FTDI Community:
Hi Rajesh,

You should see the clock being generated by the FT232H once you have called the FT_SetBitMode to set sync FIFO mode. Please check the return value from all D2xx calls to make sure you get FT_OK (for success) if you don't see the clock signal.

You should have EEPROM set for 245 FIFO mode (this is equivalent to async FIFO) and then use FT_SetBitMode to move to sync FIFO.

Regards, FTDI Community

Rajesh@sys:
Hi,
Thank you for the suggestions.
UM232H is generating 60Mhz clock.

But as I earlier mentioned, I have to interface this device with  FPGA, for this can you provide D2XX drivers in VERILOG/VHDL language instead of C++.

so that,UM232H device can be configured to synchronous fifo mode by setting Set_Bit_Mode=0x40 using ISE.

Can you provide us D2XX drivers files in VERILOG/VHDL, if available ?

FTDI Community:
Hi Rajesh,

I'm afraid the drivers are not available in Verilog or VHDL. The device always requires a SetBitMode call to change the mode. In addition to sending the SetBitMode, the ISE application would also need to perform reads and writes via the D2xx drivers, and so your intended application would only be possible if the ISE has support for FTDI devices built in already or has a plug-in from the manufacturer to support FTDI devices. If ISE does not have this, writing your own data transfer application in Visual Studio instead for example would be required.

Best Regards, FTDI Community

Rajesh@sys:
Hi,
thank you for previous  reply.

I am getting 60mhz clock. at ACBUS5 .

but the CLKOUT is triangular wave,peack to peack is 2.68 v. please check the attachment.

and please let me know what could be the problem ? how can I get square ?

why the voltage is too low. though operating voltage or supply voltage is 5V the output should be 3.3V.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version