FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Placing graphic icons on buttons  (Read 8752 times)

TonyZ

• View Profile
Placing graphic icons on buttons
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »

Hello,

I would like to create a button with a text label as well as a small icon. I attached an example image. Anyone know how I would
go about doing this?

Thanks,
Tony

laffelt

• View Profile
Re: Placing graphic icons on buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »

Tony,

I have had to do the same thing. Unfortunately you can't associate a icon within a button nor can the button text be anytinh other than centered within the button. I had to create 3 graphics objects seperately: the button with no text, the bitmap(icon), and the text.

Larry

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Placing graphic icons on buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »

Hi Tony, Larry,

Instead of using a button widget, you could use the image itself as an icon. If you assign a tag to it in the same way as you would a button, then a press can be detected. Text can either be written on top or part of the image.

There are a few other things you could add such as printing the icon twice and slightly offset to create a shadow/3D effect (you can change the COLOR_RGB or alpha for the rear one) or by drawing a shape behind.   Or you could also make the icon shrink slightly when touched (the easiest way for this might be to have a normal and a slightly smaller version of the icon although EVE can also re-size images)

Best Regards, FTDI Community