FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: File created_no data in USB pendrive -VNC2-32L1C  (Read 9940 times)

Rajavelu

• View Profile
File created_no data in USB pendrive -VNC2-32L1C
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:00:25 AM »

Dear Sir,
We use the VNC2-32L1C USB Host controller for controlling 2 USB devices(USB Pen-drive & USB Keyboard) simultaneously through single UART. I’m able to detect both devices on both ports, but data is not available in the file created on pen-drive. Please refer the attachment for reference.
•   Is data in-availability on pen-drive - due to single thread creation(USB_Check)/lack of separate stack memory?, i.e no memory created separately for setup, UART and BOMS. In such case what is the minimum and maximum stack size should i use for USB_Check thread.(Refer attachment)
•   What is the maximum stack size available for VNC2-32L1C. Minimum and maximum stack size to be used by pen-drive and keyboard functions and how they are calculated?
•   In order to detect which device is connected on which port, created a thread and using getDescriptors checked the port status.(Refer Attachment).Both devices were connected and appropriate configured leds were ON indicating the working of the function.
•   But when i call the function of the respective devices, the USB Keyboard works on both ports but with USB Pen-drive a file is created but no data within. The same functions of Pen-drive namely Setup,UART,BOMS were used separately without checking port status and device, but created 3 threads separately the  data is copied into file.
•   Through debugging it was found the data was present in the buf1 during fwrite operation but after fwrite on halt the cursor stops at assembly window
fwrite(buf1, (size_t)pBuf1, sizeof(char), file);

Kindly do the needful.

Best regards,
Rajavelu Balasubramanian
LCS Controls Pvt., Ltd.,
Chennai.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: File created_no data in USB pendrive -VNC2-32L1C
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

Hello,

The controllers in some flash drives don't commit a file fully to their flash array correctly unless you do either a dummy open-close operation (i.e. finish data, close, open and close) or call fat_fileFlush(). If you see the file but the content isn't there, then one of these should help.

Best Regards, FTDI Community

Rajavelu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 04:15:50 AM »

Hi
Thanks for the response.

I have used fclose(file); while creating separate threads for setup, uart, boms it worked. But when i used getdescriptors and check condition and then call the function i face this issue.

Please share the stack size calculation for a thread. How does 1024 bytes arrived. Any specific calculation ??

Regards
Rajavelu Balasubramanian
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:02:03 AM by Rajavelu »

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »

Hello,

You can find details on threads and resources in these application notes below and you can use the Thread Manager to check usage.

https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_169_Vinculum_II_RTOS_Using_the_Kernel_Diagnostic_Service.pdf

https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_157_Vinculum%20II%20Memory%20Management.pdf

Best Regards, FTDI Community

Rajavelu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »

Hi

Now i'm able to copy the data into pendrive. I have given a delay of 2000 milli seconds at receiving end in the UART function

// get bytes available...
uart_iocb.ioctl_code = VOS_IOCTL_COMMON_GET_RX_QUEUE_STATUS;
vos_delay_msecs(2000);   //delay to overcome data issue in pendrive
vos_dev_ioctl(hUART, &uart_iocb);

Is this the right way to do it, will it have any effects on other operations? Because i didn't use any delay here when i created three threads separately namely setup,uart and boms

And why im not able to use delay(milliseconds); function here and whats the key difference between vos_delay_msecs(millisecs); and delay(millisecs);
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now when i connect keyboard on port1 and then disconnect and insert pendrive-im able to do data copying but when i do vice versa im not able to do it. and similarly if i disconnect pendrive and re insert im not able to copy data.

how to resolve this issue?