FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: EVE image loading problem  (Read 10305 times)

atx

• View Profile
EVE image loading problem
« on: June 18, 2019, 05:58:53 PM »

In my application using an FT81x, I like to use different images.  For speed reasons, I would like to upload these after power up into RAM_G at differnet addresses.  The images are of different sizes, such as 400 x 180 and 600 x 200, etc., thus rather larger but still fit easily within the 1MB general purpose RAM.  However, any of these images loaded into RAM_G under an address other than 0x0 (using BITMAP_SOURCE) will either be shifted in a weird way or does not show up at all.  Only when I load it at address 0x0, the image will show.  I also used any of the various examples available to verify this behaviour, but they all fail as soon as I change the destination address.  Some examples with smaller images work with an address such as 0x600 but also fail when this is changed to a higher address such as 0x1000.  This not an alignment issue, as I used aligned addresses.  What am I doing wrong?? The Programming Guide does not help as the BITMAP_SOURCE command only requires a 2 byte alignment for the bitmap format RGB565 that I am using. Interestingly, any example only uses address 0x0 for images.  But what is the purpose of BITMAP_SOURCE if it only works for RAM_G address 0?

Rudolph

• View Profile
Re: EVE image loading problem
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »

The chance of getting an answer from the community might be a little higer over in the BRT community forum. :-)

What am I doing wrong??

A couple of lines of code that demonstrate the issue might help with answering this. :-)

Other than that I can only assure you that it works as intended and you can use as much images as you can fit into the memory.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: EVE image loading problem
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »

Hello,

Yes would you be able to provide the converted images and code that you're using?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community