FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Errors about crt0.S  (Read 9868 times)

scorpioprise

• View Profile
Errors about crt0.S
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:21:52 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing some troubles against AN415 (Ethernet to GPIO), because after some few modifications (moved some headers, removed some debug messages, changed project name), I could not compile it anymore, and I've hit a series of errors "multiple definition of" ( i.e. "_exit","_start","_exithook") that hit in crt0.S.

I don't understand why, as I've made no change neither in main nor in crt0, adding that particular defines.

Searching into the code, I have a reference to crt0 in comments

Code: [Select]
void flash_config_init() {

[..cut..]// Project settings incorrect. Require dlog support with modified
// linker script and crt0.S file.
// See AN_398 for examples.
there is a AN398 reference, which I couldn't find on FTDI or BRT sites.

Also, I need to understand how to reduce the imagesize, as i've understood that it takes the whole flash, but I need to know the real allocated space, and change it according to my needs.
Thankyou in advance

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Errors about crt0.S
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »

Hello,

It sounds like you have corrupted the project with the changes that you have made.
It might be worthwhile re-downloading the project and starting again and taking care with each change you make.
You could also start with a new project in Eclipse and add your own code/structure. See section 3.1 Creating a new project in AN_325 FT9xx Toolchain Installation Guide.

AN_398 was never released. Instead the information is included in section 2.34 Datalogger Feature of AN_365 FT9xx API Programmers Manual.

AN_415 Ethernet to GPIO does indeed use the datalogger feature to store information in EEPROM.

Webpage images could be stored on the SD Card to reduce space or the webpage images could be removed for test purposes.
the Ethernet stack lwip is most likely taking up a lot of space. There should be more information online about reducing this size. The alternative would be to develop your own Ethernet stack.

Note the Bridgetek Community is now open.
We have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.
Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Best Regards,
FTDI Community