FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Reading Temp/Hum from an SHT31-D on Linux via an FT232H interface  (Read 7742 times)

DanTrotts

• View Profile

Hi.

I have an Adafruit FT232H board with a connected SHT31-D that I want to read the humidity and temperature from. I want to code this in C++ and not Python and I was wondering if anyone had a simple shell of a C or C++ program that would just show the basics of doing that. I have FTD2XX and libMPSSE-i2c libraries installed on Ubuntu 19.04 release.

I can see the FT232H and read its EEPROM. I know that I have to remove the ftdi_sio and usbserial drivers to be able to talk to it. Where I don't have any practical experience is talking through the FT232H to the SHT31-D using either D2XX or MPSSE with i2c or other protocols.

The SHT31-D is wired with ground, D0 to SCL and D1 tied to D2 going to SDA. I have python code that can read the temp and humidity but I just can't seem to compile a C or C++ program with the right library combinations to be able to make it work.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

P.S.  I have the following reply from support on the Adafruit support group:

"by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:40 am
      I'm afraid we don't have any C code for communicating with the FT232H. Maybe someone from the community will have more information."

Regards,

Dan