General Category > Discussion - Drivers

FT_Write returning FT_OK but BytesWritten is 0

<< < (3/3)

liquidair:
@FTDI Community,

I'm using the FTD2XX_NET_v1.1.0 wrapper from you guys and custom hardware, an AVR microcontroller. There's multiple i2c IO expanders in this design that all read and write i2c perfectly so it's not an i2c thing, and I can do everything else from the computer to the chip just fine. It's only Write (maybe read too but I haven't gotten that far).

Yes, I've referred to AN_255; I've literally read every app note of yours i can find multiple times but nothing works. I've even attempted to use the FTD2XX with a C++ console app and that won't work either.

What I think is happening is that Visual Studio updated the standard libraries with VS2019 and it broke the driver. My C++ console code, which is literally code copied out of the D2XX programmer's guide, will not compile when using the static driver (yes, I did follow along with TN_153 for this)...all errors come from inside the driver (which I can't access). When substituting the dll version, the code compiles but will not connect to the device. I contacted tech support a while back and he had no issues with the same code in VS2010 or 2017 i believe, but did have the same issues with VS2019.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Which driver version is installed? The latest is 2.12.28.

Can you please test with our standard hardware to rule out any issues with OEM hardware?

See our Development Modules:

FT-X Breakout Modules
FT-X Development Modules

It looks like you are also into contact with our support team via email. Please continue to work with your local support team member and feel free to post any resolution here to help other users.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version