FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 13673 times)

roddycw

• View Profile
Hello
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:02:35 PM »

Older newbi for sure,

New to just about all of it.  I'm almost 70.  Not as actively mobile as earlier and have taken an interest (rather renewed interest in electronics)(boy have things changed) Once upon a time I was involved in the Apple Macintosh environment when it was just hitting the streets.  Worked for a firm developing and add on device that converted the 16 megahertz video signal to 14 whatever to put a Mac on a green phosphor monitor.  Right, a long long time ago!  NAFTA came along and I didn't think it was such a good idea so when the company went overseas I stayed home ...... ending my career in electronics!  Spent the rest of my life in commercial/residential construction!  LOL

Now disabled from that work and older I wanna relive the glory days (again LOL)  So, I bought a 3D Printer kit for cheap and as a result was directed to this site to download a virtual com port.  And that's the entire story!  Hope to comprehend a bit of what's going on these days but ........ well, we shall see!  Thank you for letting me join in.  Perhaps a conversation will build up to some comprehension.  Never say never!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:58:06 PM by FTDI Community Admin »