FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FT813 Touch Issue  (Read 9769 times)

Asma Farheen

• View Profile
FT813 Touch Issue
« on: February 25, 2020, 06:32:21 AM »

Iam using NHD-7.0-800480FT-CSXV-CTP FT813 controller display. It was working fine till yesterday when i was checking the keypad working using cmd_keys, all keys were working fine and touch was enabled too and was working properly. But today when i was checking, it started behaving abrubtly, like the key tag was detecting without any press. Then later i checked with calibration function, then i found out it as it touch is not working.

In one of your blog's topic, i studied that Newhaven display needs extra settings to boot up. Iam referring the code present in the git hub i.e. https://github.com/RudolphRiedel/FT800-FT813 . Is their any need to add any extra settings?? or what might be the issue of its touch getting disable suddenly??

Please suggest the solution.

Thanks,
Asma

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FT813 Touch Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:30:49 AM »

Hello Asma,

From the information you have provided it sounds like this could be related to a hardware issue.
Can you check the signals from the touch controller on your board with an oscilloscope to verify the touch controller is reporting back touches?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:17:31 AM by FTDI Community »

Asma Farheen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 11:05:18 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply..

Yesterday, i checked it through the code only, then i removed  the while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00) from the initialization sequence and run the code and checked the calibration part and the touch got enable.

Few days back i couldn't able to enable the touch but after adding the above instructions, it got enabled. But now, without that instruction it is enabling. What might be the reason for this behavior???

I will check the touch controller with oscilloscope and update on it soon.

Thank,
Asma

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »

Hello Asma,

Yes, I remember your email regarding this last week and telling you to add the 'while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00)' check into your initialization. As a side result of this check this should ensure that the touch engine is active. This did resolve the issue you were seeing.

Did you change anything else in your code before it stopped working again?
And just to clarify are you calming that the removal of the 'while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00)' check resolves the issue and your touches are being registered?
I'm curious as to what else has changed in your code? Can I see your initialization code?

Also what is the touch controller on your display?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Asma Farheen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »

Hello,

Yes the issue got resolved after adding the while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00), but when i was testing the keypad, the touch got disabled again. And, after removing the (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00), touch got enabled.

I didn't changed anything in my initialization code. Its the same code which i send you through email. Please find the attached copy for the FT813 initialization for your cross check.

And the touch controller present on my Newhaven display is FT5x06 controller.

Thank You,
Asma

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 02:06:52 PM »

Hello,

Thanks I can see your Init code is still the same as when we were corresponding via email.
Issuing the CMD_KEYS command to EVE should not affect touch detection.

The FT5x06 series is supported natively in EVE, but can you double check that the touch controller is reporting back touches with an oscilloscope on its data lines?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Asma Farheen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 04:20:18 AM »

Hello,

I checked touch controller data lines, and its working fine, now i have added the while(EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00) instruction too, and its working fine. But still i don't know the exact reason of sudden disable of touch ::).

Right now, the display and touch are working fine. Thank you for your continuous support.

Regards,
Asma