FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FT601B Ft_readpipe return 32(other error)  (Read 9680 times)

williamxie

• View Profile
FT601B Ft_readpipe return 32(other error)
« on: July 28, 2020, 02:38:10 AM »

Hi,
  I developed a video capture card based on (ft601b)。when the USB cable is short, ft601b  work normally, but when the USB cable is long, ft601b got a problem. sometimes FT_readpipe return 32(other error).once other error occurs readpipe endpoint seem to be crash, even I have run FT_AbortPipe for User Guider suggest .what can I do to fix tihs error?

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FT601B Ft_readpipe return 32(other error)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »

Hello,

It sounds like there may be some kind of marginality in the hardware or the cables.

It is worth checking your design against these guidelines and the schematics of our evaluation boards provided in the datasheet to see if there are any issues with the hardware. Other external factors such as the power supply can also cause issues.

https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_430%20FT60X%20PCB%20Layout%20Guidelines.pdf
https://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Modules/SuperSpeedModules.htm

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

williamxie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:32:51 PM »

hello,
   I want to kown that FT_readpipe return 32(other error) once , how can i correct the device into normal state in sw?

williamxie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 03:25:52 AM »

hi,
    I have tested that once FT_readpipe return 32 occured, I run closehandle immediately, then FT_create after 5 seconds. Ft601 would turn into right state. 
after reopen ft601 device, FT_readpipe return 32 again, it's not use doing that closehandle, FT_create. ft601 device would disppeared from device manager. I have to plug in ft601 device.
I also found that a wifi router device near close to ft601 device FT_readpipie return 32 would occur frequently.
How can i do to escape from return 32? is closehandle and recreate used? is waiting 5 seconds necessary?

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »

Hello,

The symptoms that you are describing is pointing to an issue with the hardware or cable.
Please check your design with the information provided in our previous post.

Also check that you are using a certified SuperSpeed USB cable.

You can also contact your local support team in China to check your hardware design:

https://www.ftdichip.com/FTContact.htm

Best Regards,
FTDI Community