General Category > Discussion - Drivers

VCP driver on macOS 11

(1/13) > >>

kalle:
The current VCP driver can't be installed on macOS 11 beta 6 as Apple seems to consider it a "legacy system extension" (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999). Is there any plans to provide a driver that works on macOS 11?

FTDI Community:
Hello,

We are currently working on a .dext version of the driver to be compatible with the newer versions of macOS.

However in macOS 10 Apple distributed a VCP driver built into the OS which works for all standard FTDI devices, this was called AppleUSBFTDI.kext pre-Catalina and AppleUSBFTDI.dext in Catalina. I haven’t had a chance to look at macOS 11 yet, but I believe the inbuilt apple driver should still be included.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

on8mc:
I use two (2) devices with a FTDI chip. An RT Systems USB-62C cable and a Microham USB Interface III.

The RT Systems USB-62C cable works fine with the built-in .dext in macOS 11 Big Sur Beta 6. The Microham USB Interface III doesn't.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

I am unfamiliar with the Microham USB Interface III, could you share its details from the hardware monitor similar to the attached screenshot?

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

on8mc:
Here it is (in macOS Catalina):

in macOS 11 Big Sur:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version