FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FTD2XX DLL not loaded  (Read 9552 times)

Mr. Buell Man

• View Profile
FTD2XX DLL not loaded
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

Hey FTDI folks!

After sifting through all the documentation I can find I'm still stuck with these two issues. Please read, any advice would be most welcome.

1. The FTD2XX DLL error message still appears, even after running the executable to install said drivers.
2. While running certain tests in ECMSpy, like that for the fuel pump and tests for the exhaust system, I get a checksum invalid error response.

Any ideas as to how to fix them?

For reference, I'm running ECMSpy on a virtual machine configured for Windows7. I'm using a serial to USB cable to connect to my ECU, and my host system is running POP_OS! 19.10.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FTD2XX DLL not loaded
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »

Hello,

What hardware are you using exactly?

What software are you using and what is the error message?

We have no knowledge of ECMSpy.

If it's not one of our products, although it utilises our device, I am unable to support it.
Product Manufacturers are responsible for supporting end-users of their products.
FTDI cannot control how the USB ICs are used and often has no knowledge of the entire product.
Please see the following document for reference:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/TechnicalNotes/TN_102_OEM_Technical_Support_Requirements_for_FTDI_Products.pdf

If the product uses our standard driver (note that it may use custom drivers), usually windows will automatically find and install the driver if you are connected to the internet. Simply plug the device into the PC.
However, you can use the setup executable found on our website.
Note: you may need to save to PC, right-click and select run as administrator.
This will install the drivers on your PC with licensing information, so next time you plug in the device the device should be enumerated with those drivers.

Also, we cannot support any virtual type OS. There can be all sorts of problems that are out of our control.
You can find our supported drivers here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

If your target OS is Windows or Linux, please use it directly on that OS without any virtual machine.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community