General Category > Discussion - Software

libftd2xx.a for Apple Silicon

(1/2) > >>

tinbert:
Hi there,
where can I find "libftd2xx.a" compiled for Apple Silicon (ARM)? I do have one for x86 architecture and it works even on Apple's new M1 machines (thx to Rosetta), however I want to built my app "universal" for x86 and ARM architecture.

Best Regards,

Robert, tin:b Software

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Thank you for your post.
Currently we do not have an ARM build available for the macOS D2XX driver (glad to hear however you can use the x86 version with Rosetta). The driver team are concentrating on recompiling the VCP driver for macOS 11 and the M1 ARM macs at this moment, but there is an active bug related to compiling the .dylib and .a files for ARM. Once these have been produced I will let you know.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

tinbert:

--- Quote from: FTDI Community on February 18, 2021, 03:39:28 PM ---Once these have been produced I will let you know.

--- End quote ---

Great to hear that! I'll be patient and looking forward hearing from you  :D

CarlMac:
Is there any news on this? We have several large customers asking for a fully native driver and can't produce one until have an ARM compatible FTDI library.

FTDI Community:
Hello,

Unfortunately the driver team are still currently working on the VCP driver, but I will see if they can expedite a ARM build for the D2XX drivers:

--- Quote from: CarlMac on March 31, 2021, 03:06:50 PM ---Is there any news on this? We have several large customers asking for a fully native driver and can't produce one until have an ARM compatible FTDI library.

--- End quote ---

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version