FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FT813_Riverdi display 7 inch  (Read 23794 times)

Milad

• View Profile
FT813_Riverdi display 7 inch
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »

Hello all ,

I recently bought this LCD: https://riverdi.com/product/rvt70aqffwc00/

I'm trying to use it with an NXPS32K148 board, I would like to get the display works, firstly. Is there is any library/driver example in C code to get start with? or, Does anybody have some tested code in C that would explain how to setup the display?

Thank you in advance,
best regards
Milad

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FT813_Riverdi display 7 inch
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:49:07 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately we do not have any specific examples for the NXPS32K148, but if you intend on implementing your solution with a low power MCU I would suggest looking at the following application notes which concern building an EVE library. The first application note covers how the low level transfers are structured between and MCU (in this example a PIC) and the EVE IC. The second covers how to create an EVE Library to interface to the MCU. And finally the last one covers some EVE examples for PIC MCUs, :
FT81X Simple PIC Example
FT81X Creating a Simple Library For PIC MCU
FT81X Simple PIC Library Examples

These application notes cover how to configure a display, but please take note of the specific display settings your module utilises.

The principals described in these Applications Notes can be used to implement solutions for a wide variety of MCUs, and give a better understating of how EVE functions on a low level.

We are currently finalising another application note based upon BRT_AN_014 above which expands this to a variety of other MCU platforms, I would advise utilising this library for porting to the NXPS32K148. I have uploaded the draft versions of this application note to WeTansfer (we are currently migrating our FTP site), please see the following link:
https://we.tl/t-75ILJqCMMc

As for HMI creation with these libraries you can use the EVE Screen Editor (ESE) to lay out static screens and create Display Lists but this does not create code for the logic of moving between screens. EVE Asset Builder (EAB) is also available to convert any graphics assets (fonts, images, etc) your require into an EVE readable format. These can be found at the following:
https://brtchip.com/eve-toolchains/

Best Regards,
FTDI Community

Milad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for all your explanations.

Based on the examples, I tried to adapt the STM32 example to my MCU target. But it doesn't work yet.

I have some questions, first of all I want to know if my adapter is correct or not. I am using a riverdi click card (https://www.mikroe.com/riverdi-click) as an interface between the display and my S32K148 mcu, is this adapter correct? Or should I use another adapter?

Is the PD pin necessary to operate the display? Because in the adapter I don't have a PD pin.

Thank you again for your support.
Best regards.
Milad

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I have had a quick look at the pinout for the module you are using and the pin out on the LCD connector on the click board, it appears that these do not match. For example the CS# signal is pin 3 on the LCD, but it is pin 6 on the Click board. Riverdi should be able to confirm this for you, but I suspect a mismatch in signal assignments is the root cause of the issue currently.

As for your second question, no toggling the PD pin is optional during the boot sequence, however we would recommend implementing this functionality via a GPIO pin if possible.

Best Regards,
BRT Community