FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FT260 GPIO initial output state  (Read 8933 times)

rdb9878

• View Profile
FT260 GPIO initial output state
« on: August 20, 2021, 10:57:32 AM »

Hello. I'm trying to utilize the GPIO features of the FT260. One thing I have noticed is that when I configure the GPIO as outputs, it seems to be completely random whether or not they initially output as a '1' or a '0'. This makes it very hard to ensure proper GPIO sequencing.

Here are the things I have tried to combat this: 1) I've tried calling FT260_GPIO_Write before calling FT260_GPIO_SetDir, but the status field returns FT260_GPIO_WRONG_DIRECTION, and it simply doesn't have an effect. 2) I've tried calling FT260_GPIO_Set before calling FT260_GPIO_SetDir, and I get the FT260_OK status, but the values don't seem to "stick" until I have already enabled the outputs...

Any suggestions on how to ensure a specific initial output state?

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FT260 GPIO initial output state
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »

hi,

have a look at https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/AN_184-FTDI-Device-Input-Output-Pin-States.pdf. This application note goes over the I/O pin states of our devices, section 22 is for the FT260.

we also have a couple of software examples for the FT260 that may be able to help you. The folder for the code examples can be found here: https://ftdichip.com/products/ft260q/ under the downloads tab, you should have a look at the GPIO and GPIO_OpenDrain examples.

Please let me know if you have any more questions

Thanks

Kieran