FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Receive double bytes in SPI slave for VNC2 at somtimes  (Read 15190 times)

Yvonne

• View Profile
Receive double bytes in SPI slave for VNC2 at somtimes
« on: November 08, 2022, 06:51:00 AM »

Hello,

I use the VNC2 as SPI slave of V2DIP1-32 board, which receives data from C232HM-DDHSL-0 as SPI master.

Now I can only receive the complete data bytes when setting the transmitting frequency of SPI master at around 300KHz or below (Here the sent data bytes are 0x10, 0x20, 0x30, ..., 0xF0), which can be shown in the first attached figure.

When the transmit frequency of SPI master is faster than 300KHz (for example 350KHz or larger than 350KHz such like 400KHz), I will receive the data string with double or triple bytes in some bytes as shown in second attached figure. The frequency of CPU for VNC2 as SPI slave is set to 48MHz in code.

Are there any other methods or suggestions to get faster frequency for SPI master sending data but not cause the data bytes be repeatly transmitted (i.e. I receive double or triple bytes in MISO)? Is this related to the tx FIFO size of the hardware of VNC2? How to adjust the tx FIFO size?

Or any suggestions or directions are appreciated.
Thanks in advanced!
Yvonne