FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: LibFT260 Constant UART Stream?  (Read 9343 times)

hobbskw

• View Profile
LibFT260 Constant UART Stream?
« on: July 05, 2022, 03:14:26 PM »

Greetings,
I am using LibFT260 to view print statements from my FPGA for debugging purposes. It is working fine, but it will only print 9 characters then stops. I want to be able to print as many as I want for debugging complex programs. I am using this chip because other ICs were not available at the time of designing the board.

I tried to modify uart.cpp to stay in a while loop, constantly printing what is received. I will attach a screenshot of the modified section of code.

I will also attach the program running on the FPGA, and the result.

How can I change this code to print whatever I send it? Will someone be able to modify the code for me? I greatly appreciate any help!

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LibFT260 Constant UART Stream?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 04:40:16 PM »

Hi
The FT260 is a HID class device, so 64K interrupt transfer on the FT260.  The FT4222 part is perhaps a better option if you are looking for a bulk data transfer     
https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/AN_395_User_Guide_for_LibFT260.pdf

Regards
FTDI Community

hobbskw

• View Profile
Re: LibFT260 Constant UART Stream?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 08:31:54 PM »

Hi
The FT260 is a HID class device, so 64K interrupt transfer on the FT260.  The FT4222 part is perhaps a better option if you are looking for a bulk data transfer     
https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/AN_395_User_Guide_for_LibFT260.pdf

Regards
FTDI Community

I will consider using this on my next board. For now, unfortunately, I have to work with what's on the board. I was able to get something working. It is buggy, often repeating or missing some characters, but it mostly works and should be enough for now. If you know how to make this work without these problems, I would greatly appreciate your help!

I attached the modified uart code, a screenshot of the exact lines that were changed for reference, the output screenshot, and the code that is sending the strings from the SoC.