FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: How to properly use FT4222_ChipReset()?  (Read 7855 times)

a4711

• View Profile
How to properly use FT4222_ChipReset()?
« on: September 20, 2022, 07:19:13 PM »

After about 60-90 minutes heavy I2C traffic I run into the situation that the FT4222 holds the SCL line (yes the clock line, not SDA) low and FT4222_I2CMaster_GetStatus() keeps reporting 0x4e as status flags (error condition, bus busy, slave address not acknowledged, data not acknowledged). Further read/write transactions always fail. It's indeed the FT4222 that keeps pulling the SCL line low, because the SCL line remains low even when disconnecting the slave but keeping the pull-ups connected.

Though closing and reopening the FT_Handle does make it work again, the GPIO interrupt timing is not as expected. Only disconnecting/reconnecting the USB cable resets the original behavior.

As a workaround I would like to perform FT4222_ChipReset() right after opening the driver handle, but the function is not working as expected and it's also unclear what the function exactly does. I call FT4222_ChipReset() after FT_open() as shown in the application note. Calling FT4222_I2CMaster_Init() right after that returns FT4222_DEVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED.

I would like to have an advice how to properly use FT4222_ChipReset(), especially what to do after the function call. Is some delay needed? Do I need to close and re-open the driver instance? The example in the application note is not sufficient and indicates that I can just call this function after FT_Open() and before other things.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:14:31 AM by a4711 »

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to properly use FT4222_ChipReset()?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 10:44:31 AM »

Hello,

If you call FT4222_ChipReset / FT4222_Close, you need to restart all chip configuration process from the beginning.

Best Regards

FTDI Community