FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Disabling ports on the FT2232H  (Read 13214 times)

sonir

• View Profile
Disabling ports on the FT2232H
« on: April 06, 2023, 03:34:45 PM »

I'm working with a board that uses the FT2232H with an EEPROM chip for a UART and JTAG bridge. I don't need the JTAG functionality and having the extra serial ports can make it confusing when multiple devices are plugged in. Is it possible to disable a port using FT Prog so I only see the UART serial port?

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling ports on the FT2232H
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 04:08:10 PM »

Hello,

Yes you can use FT_PROG to disable the VCP Serial Port as shown in Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Manager:

https://ftdichip.com/utilities/#ft_prog

Note that the two D2xx Ports can't be disabled but they are seen under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' in Device Manager.
This interface is likely used for JTAG anyway as the d2xx drivers must be used for JTAG operation.

Please take a look at FT_PROG where you should find the option like 'Load D2xx Driver' and if checked would disable the VCP port.

Note that the device should be unplug/replug for the change to take place or click on 'Cycle Ports' in the FT_PROG programming window.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community