FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: FT230X failure to enumerate on Windows 10, certain machines.  (Read 9150 times)

pblase

• View Profile
FT230X failure to enumerate on Windows 10, certain machines.
« on: September 04, 2019, 04:58:58 PM »

We have a set of new laboratory PC's that we are using for data collection. These are Dell 5820 PC's with Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299, 64 bit.  Each has two sets of USB connectors, running through different internal hubs, a front panel and a rear panel. See "Front Panel USB hub.png" and "Rear Panel USB hub.png" for screendumps of the "USB View" data for each. The front panel  hub is "Loc1a" and the rear panel hub is "Loc14".

I don't have access to the actual hardware yet, but I believe that the rear panel is the native motherboard hub and the front panel is a Dell add-on.  We have installed the latest drivers from the FTDI site: 2.12.28

We have two control boards that use FT230X chips. One is built by Imagize and uses a FT230XG (QFN package), and I built one in-house that uses an FT230XS (SSOP package). Same chip, different packages. The Imagize board will plug into either panel with no problem. My FT230XS chip will only enumerate on the front panel hub; it results in an enumeration error every time when plugged into the rear panel. Two different computers yield the same result. In the screen dumps, The device "Loc1A2" is our FT230XS chip, successfully enumerated.

Even weirder: In the lab we have a half-dozen identical systems. The board will enumerate properly on half of them, not on the other half.
I'm suspecting that this is an issue related to the second item in TN_139 FT230X Errata Technical Note (3.1.2), but that was reported for USB 3.0 and these are USB 2.0 hubs.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FT230X failure to enumerate on Windows 10, certain machines.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »

Hello,

Can you please test with known good hardware like our Development Modules?

You could also send your schematics to your local support team for review. See Contact Us.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community