FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: VNC2 Not Connecting to PC  (Read 7554 times)

SBT

• View Profile
VNC2 Not Connecting to PC
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »

Hi

I have just obtained a V2DIP2-32 module and a VNC2_Debug_Module. I have the development environment up and running and I am able to flash the precompiled ROMs (https://www.ftdichip.com/Firmware/Precompiled.htm) eg. UART to USB HID Class Device Sample Application ROM. With the debugger unplugged and then USB port of the V2DIP-32 plugged into the PC, the led lights to show that power is being supplied to the board. However, no USB device is picked up by the PC - I cannot see it in device manager in Windows. Neither does windows show that a new USB device has been detected. I have tried both USB ports on the V2DIP2. I have also tried various USB cables and used a multimeter to ensure that the cable is making good contact on the USB connector of the V2DIP2. Initially I though that he V2DIP2 might have been faulty so I bought another but it did not yield a better result. I have tried flashing with the IDE and also the standalone FT_Prog. Both flash the board successfully but neither seem to connect to the PC. I have looked at the schematics of the V2DIP2 and can't see any setting on the board that would change the behavior.

I'm sure it is something simple and would appreciate any advise please.

Thanks in advance

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VNC2 Not Connecting to PC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »

Hello,

How are you connecting to the Module? If you want to contact email support with a picture showing your setup we can advise. Please contact support1@ftdchip.com with your setup details and we can investigate.

Regards,
FTDI Community