FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Unable to read or write  (Read 7428 times)

Dragon

• View Profile
Unable to read or write
« on: October 24, 2019, 07:22:09 PM »

Hello,

I have a μFR Classic here and I am trying to work with the "simple" example to see if I can read and write to and from an RFID tag. I am running this on an iMac under OSX 10.14 Mojave.
The connection to the device seems to be fine. I can retrieve info from the device, such as the serial number, description, driver version (1.4.16), etc. using the FTDI functions. But then it gets strange…

I cannot read RFID data from the device. If I put an RFID on the device, the lights begin to blink, indicating that it clearly detects and processes the tag, however all calls to FT_GetStatus() and FT_GetQueueStatus() return nothing but 0s, indicating that no information is available. Not even the UID is being read. I've been fiddling with the baud rate also but it did not make any difference.

In addition, I've been trying to write to an RFID tag. FT_Write returns no error code and tells me it wrote the 16 bytes, however, when I try to read the tag on a different reader, there is nothing on it. It clearly did not actually write anything to the RFID.

Does anyone have an idea what may be going on here?

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to read or write
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:08:23 AM »

Hello,

Since this is not one of our products, although it utilises our device, I am unable to support it.
Product Manufacturers are responsible for supporting end-users of their products, so you will need to contact μFR.
FTDI cannot control how the USB ICs are used and often has no knowledge of the entire product.
Please see the following document for reference:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/TechnicalNotes/TN_102_OEM_Technical_Support_Requirements_for_FTDI_Products.pdf

It does sound though like the FTDI IC being used in this product is working correctly, as you are able to access and issue D2XX commands to the IC and they return without error.

Best Regards,
FTDI Community