FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Control CBUS with FT230  (Read 14213 times)

Shimon @ Nohayo

• View Profile
Control CBUS with FT230
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »

Hi

I'm using FT230 (UART to USB bridge)

The default drive isVCM

I would like to control CBUS0 and CBUS1 as GPIO from my PC App.

The M_Prog utility does not allow me to change the driver to D2XX, I can change CBUS from FT_Prog utility, but I would like to do it from my App 

Please advise how to do it,

BR,
Shimon

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Control CBUS with FT230
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:39:16 AM »

Hello,

We have an example of using CBUS bit-bang with the FT-X series in the application note below.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_373%20Bit-Bang%20Modes%20for%20the%20FT-X%20Series.pdf

The FT_Prog utility is a newer version of MPROG and so FT_Prog must be used for the FT-X.

To use CBUS bit-bang, your application for both the UART and the bit-bang needs to be written using D2xx.

You can use FT_Prog to set the CBUS lines to IO Mode as described in AN_373 and can also set D2xx. Note that you can still open a device via D2xx even if the D2xx/VCP EEPROM setting is on VCP so long as the port isn't open in VCP. The D2xx layer is always enabled and this option selects whether the VCP is also enabled (COM port visible) or not. However, for D2xx applications, it is still better to set D2xx mode as this hides the COM port to avoid users or applications opening it which would block access from your D2xx program.

Best Regards, FTDI Community