FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: Vinculum ii debugger does not recognize V2EVAL board  (Read 6680 times)

perrizozach

• View Profile
Vinculum ii debugger does not recognize V2EVAL board
« on: April 19, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my debugger interface with Vinculum ii, but the IDE "debugger interface" section says "disconnected", and when I scan for devices it searches for about two full seconds before returning "no devices found".

After installing a driver, my computer recognizes the board I've plugged in is an FTDI device (even though it is connected through one USB port, my device manager reads that there is an FTDI device on two separate COM ports).

The board is set up with the 48 pin daughter card, and receives power from my computer. When I scan for devices in the debugger section, the board's Tx LEDs blip faintly (all of the top LEDs light up brightly when I turn on the board, but other than that don't turn on save for this occurrence).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Vinculum ii debugger does not recognize V2EVAL board
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »

Hi,

It is normal for the V2EVAL to show two COM ports as it uses a four port FT4232H device which has the COM port enabled on two of it's ports (and uses D2xx for the other two).

The IDE requires to talk to the VNC2 chip on the daughter card before it will show up in the list. Even if the V2EVAL is connected and powered, it will not show if it does not hear a reply back from the VNC2.

If you have the IDE and utilities installed, you can check using vinprg though the command line on Windows, if you run it with the -a switch it should show the device similar to this:
(with relevant serial # from the FT4232H and package type from the VNC2 card)

C:\>vinprg -a
Available debugger interfaces:
V2EVAL Board C (FTTPIM3KC) VNC2 64-pin package

Best Regards, FTDI Community