FTDI Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Welcome to the FTDI Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ FTDI Support

New Bridgetek Community is now open

Please note that we have created the Bridgetek Community to discuss all Bridgetek products e.g. EVE, MCU.

Please follow this link and create a new user account to get started.

Bridgetek Community

Author Topic: VNC2 à la place de VNC1L  (Read 11911 times)

Nehmonn

• View Profile
VNC2 à la place de VNC1L
« on: November 30, 2022, 12:48:36 PM »

Hi, everybody.

For VNC1L, FTDI send me "VncFwMod.exe" software and VDAPFUL_V03_69.ROM.
I had readen this ROM file with "VncFwMod" software and had modified UART rate and version number, then reprogram the VNC1L by used FT-Prog software
All was ok.

Today, FTDI don't send me a VDAPFUL for VNC2 so I must compile V2DAP project included in toolchain V2.02 SP2 under VNC1L directory.
Then I program VNC2 by sending V2DAP.ROM by FT-Prog.exe.

Problem : when I communicate with VNC2 throught the PC terminal, VDAP2.ROM don't work like préviously with VNC1L
and when I send some commands (example : RDF after OPR ), VNC2 send too many characters and don't give control.

First, is it possible to send me ROM file to communicate throught UART to read and write files on USB key like "VDAPFUL_V03_69.ROM" file but for VNC2 please (and full project) ?

Then, is there software version "VncFwMod.exe" for VNC2 chip (to change baudrate and ROM file VERSION) ?

Many thanks for your help.

FTDI Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VNC2 à la place de VNC1L
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 10:09:36 AM »

Hello,

You can have a look at VNC2 UART to USB Memory Bridge. This project uses V2DAP firmware and also provides sample code. You can change the Baud rate using FT_PROG. This is shown on page 7 of the pdf.

VNC2 does work differently from VNC1L. Vinculum II User Guide will be able to help you with using the command set. It provides descriptions and examples of the different commands you can use.

Best Regards
FTDI Community

Nehmonn

• View Profile
Re: VNC2 à la place de VNC1L
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:16:43 PM »

Merci pour ton aide.
Bien à toi / Best regards.